Baby TALK Professional Development
May 2-5, 2017- Decatur, IL
500 E. Lake Shore Drive, 62521
May 9-12, 2017-Chicago, IL
St. Vincent de Paul Center
Baby TALK Professional Development Trainings include small group instruction, presentation, discussion, group activities and visits to program sites. Participants receive complete Baby TALK Curriculum for use in their own communities. Participants also receive strategic planning assistance for designing effective programs for their own communities, as well as follow-up technical support.
The intimate training experience allows us at Baby TALK to get well acquainted with our new colleagues who then become an important part of our organization. Training is just the beginning of our ongoing relationship.
During the four-day training, Baby TALK Faculty share information on Assumptions About Parents, Building a Trustworthy System of Relationships, Baby TALK’s Approach to Families, the complete Baby TALK Curriculum, Personal and Group Encounter Protocols, Building a Community System, and the Baby TALK Critical Concepts.
Each day of Baby TALK Training examines the critical layers that create Baby TALK’s Trustworthy System of Relationships :
Day 1: Parent/ Child
Day 2: Parent/ Professional
Day 3: Professional / Local Collaborator
Day 4: BT Professional / BT Professional
Participants will spend time exploring the Baby TALK Standards and create a Strategic Plan for implementing the Baby TALK model into their community program. In addition to the complete Baby TALK Curriculum, Training participants will also receive:
- All Baby TALK publications
- Program site visits (Decatur only)
- Lunch and snack provided each day
- Invitation to enroll in the Baby TALK Professional Association (BTPA)
- Strategic Planning Session with Baby TALK Faculty
Professional Credits you may earn
- Continuing Professional Development Units (CPDUs)
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Licensed Social Workers
- Early Intervention Credits
- IL Gateways registry approved training contact hours