Are you a professional in the field of home visiting looking to be refreshed, renewed and refocused in your work with vulnerable families? Ounce of Prevention Training Institute collaborates with Baby TALK to present Dr. T. Berry Brazelton’s Touchpoints Training. This training brings the 40+ year experiences of Dr. Brazelton to your everyday practice with families.
The Touchpoints™ Approach helps professionals engage around key points in the development of young children. By helping parents identify and expect bursts and regressions in child behavior (the “touchpoints”) professionals can reduce parental frustration and self-doubt while fostering parenting skills and the parent’s enjoyment of their child. In the process, the bond between the provider and the family is strengthened.
This 3-day Training gives participants a solid understanding of all Touchpoints elements through seminars with BTC faculty, regional site faculty, and practitioners who have been trained in the model. Participants will:
- Understand the theories and concepts of the Touchpoints™ Approach, with emphasis on the developmental and relational elements of parent-child-provider relationships, and their clinical applications
- Enhance their delivery of care to families by using relationship-building strategies and communication tools based on the Touchpoints™ Approach
- Observe and participate in encounters that demonstrate the Touchpoints™ Approach of anticipatory guidance
This $1200 Training is offered to all ISBE funded Prevention Initiative program paid for by the Ounce of Prevention Training Institute. The registration fee pays for all curriculum and materials. Lunch is provided.
Professional Credits you may earn
- Continuing Professional Development Units (CPDUs)
- Continuing Education Units (CEUs) for Licensed Social Workers
- Early Intervention Credits
- IL Gateways registry approved training contact hours
Email or call 217.475.2234 with questions regarding trainings and registration.